Linux vs. Windows

Its a different website whatever it is, I do not know that person. But at the very least what I am getting from it are two things.

(1) The person tried to stick with Windows11 to maybe have some fun tweaking. But he then realized that he couldn't tweak as much as he wanted, so he got frustrated.

(2) While it doesn't say this directly in his post, I think he's at his breaking point, and is ready to come back to Linux.

PF100, if you ever come to our forum, we will welcome you in open arms to Zorin OS 16, as well as our support group forum, and family. There is no need to be frustrated anymore, life is too short, leave Windows in the gutter where it belongs, and live happy with Zorin OS instead.

Yeah. I remember that Atari 65XL then this box from 5.25" i changed for cd plates.

I found some parts from front panel. Some one not original. Inside parts mostly only power supply original.

2 Likes

Looks like a home use NAS box.

It was the same PC what you saw on desk with small fan noctua.

Its more the part microsoft wants more control by enable things that got disabled. I read alot of messages lately about things like that haha. Glad i did not install that OS on my system.

2 Likes

This I saw from w10 that why I refuse. I stopped with w7. One what is awesome linux can working from pendrive on any machine for standard using without gaming or also with simple online a gaming. That why linux doing good jobb.
Open source could be leak a security but that why developers working on that I hope.

Well i doubt linux has many leaks compared to windows :joy:

Yes, because we Linux users have access to the code, hence OPEN SOURCE, and we plug them leaks at our earliest convenience. There will be no leaky pipes in here, no sir!

How many Linux Users actually look over the code? :neutral_face:

Not me, I rely on folks like you, thats brutal honesty for ya. lol

Hedging heavy bets that is the majority.

Well mamy comments I reading on websides and hearing Pop os.
I reading also AMD better working with Linux. Linus show NVIDIA a finger :joy:.

Amazing.

1 Like

Linux and Windows are just different tools I use. I much prefer the Linux communities that are actively developed around the various operating systems , but if I need a different tool I use it. I have never worked for companies that allow one to use their own computers or operating systems. Office 365 and MS were a mandatory part of my college experience as well . I did not see college as a place to soapbox for Linux. Outside of the IT department Linux was mostly unknown. I do love privacy advantage of Linux and use if for most of my home computing.

1 Like

I liked see all sides. When i have some experience,then i can wrote. No experience can be only silence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWoQW-b6Ph8

2 Likes

You might be surprised, if you look in the right place. I subscribe to dev. mailing list of a couple of my favorite Linux projects (namely the Trinity Desktop Environment and SeaMonkey Web Suite) and pop in on their IRC channels from time to time. It's not because I have anything to contribute, as most of the discussions are way over my head and understanding. But, it gives me a sense as to what the devs are working on for future upgrades.

But, what is interesting to see is how many people actually do look into the code and collaborate on identifying and fixing issues. Many of them are people who have jobs not involved with Linux development (or with that particular project) but do their contributions "on the side". For most of us who don't subscribe to these mailing lists, all of this extraordinary work happens behind the scene and with little fan-fair. I find it quite amazing.

1 Like

What i really notice with my laptop running linux compared to windows is that the fans are very quiet in idle mode/normal use (browsing). In windows i could always hear my fans spinning/making noise. When i ran linux for a few days i really thought my fans where dead haha. I checked alot in nvidia x server application for the temps if the gpu got cooled or not haha. With gaming you can hear them, but i get the feeling it's not as heavy as it was in Windows.

4 Likes