Linux vs. Windows

This is the Bridge that people must cross.
Generally, people do not like change. Or learning something new, truth-told. People will very rarely go back to school once released from the public education system.

For those that think Linux is at fault that people do not shift over to it, taking the market away from Microsoft - here you go. It's not Linux. It's not even Microsoft.
It's us.
Humans will tolerate a ridiculous amount of aggravation before risking even easy change.

3 Likes

8 hours update like a downloads all your data files.

The one popular on people words who have a windows " i need format windows". Linux is better if something not working just installing a package or searching solutions on some forum.

I've recently installed 16 Pro and came to set up my Canon inkjet - I was expecting trouble (I'm in my second week of the World of Linux after 30+ years on Windows). I switched on the printer and walked the 3 yards back to my PC. When I looked at my screen the printer had been correctly identified, set up and was ready to go without any intervention from me - cool!

4 Likes
1 Like

When you wake up next day. Switch on your pc and then you see information. Your activation key is invalid. You have one day to activate a windows. What a poor system.

1 Like

For gaming Windows is still better... So far...

1 Like

When I have the same problem on my external gpu then for me this is doesn't matter. Hardware problems. Don't playing to any games. My PC 7 years then what i reading popular parts what dieying are gpu.

Now that the Steam Deck has arrived.....this will change drastically.

4 Likes

Bethesda.net died all games will forward to Steam.
Codex hackers retired that means no more piracy.

1 Like
1 Like

Very interesting article.

1 Like

Zorin is wrote from LFS or some example Linux Live Kit?
I am curious.

Exactly when I have to read British or British-influence legal judgement, especially ones older than 30 years. Ones from a few hundred years ago are worse. :joy:

1 Like

You're always 18 to me.:grin:

https://www.quora.com/What-is-it-that-Linux-can-do-but-Windows-can’t

So the last time I saw a one person bought a new motherboard to ddr5 and ddr5 RAM. Operating system windows 10
The problem he getting a computer freezing. He bought again a motherboard and second and the same problem with freezing. Only restart helped. The issue what he don't taken was he don't update windows 10. After that a computer working a normally.
So the conclusion is linux can working on pc without internet offline installation out from the box? Like we seeing the windows 10 cannot working properly without a internet connections. The second option linux distributions are checked and user windows still are a "monkey in circus" - i mean testing like on mouse in laboratory. Then I wondering how huge privacy they collect from us. I bet everything with "G" like a Google,Gmail etc. also Youtube and so on facebook and another big gigants elephants.

Having studied professional administration, including Law, it came as a surprise to me that the Law as always is a mule (a s s). Our esteemed lecturer, a former Barrister, only learned at the time (we are talking 1980's here) that not all legal cases are reported in the All England Law Reports. The journalists that write the cases that form precedents don't report every single case so a precedent might have been set in a court overturning a different judgment, never to be reported, they only ever report on cases that appeal to them. Think about that for a second!

Ummm... XSane?? Why would you use that when you have the modern scanning utility preinstalled?? It is as if you said that you don't like Windows desktop because that old Win95 app you insist on using is is... well... old. I that I'm sorry, but this cannot be taken as a valid point for discussion. Or please explain, why you insist on using that instead of the modern standard app?

Yes, I also do not like Thunderbird (that much) since I'm using Linux as my daily driver in office, where we use Exchange. But yet again - Why not using pre-installed Evolution, with pre-installed Exchange integration and modern looks? All you have to do is adding your Exchange account to system On-line Account in System Settings and Evolution (after a restart) will pick this up automatically and connect to your Exchange mail, contacts, calendars and notes.
THIS is exactly why I love Ubuntu/Zorin: The simplicity of some things are unheard of in Windows world.

(More-over: Evolution can do some beautiful mail-magic, that Outlook cannot: Email templates, "Edit as New" on mails and calendar entries, etc...)

It was an example........ and I would hardly call anything in Linux that rivals Windows in terms of scanning "modern". I have zero issues with my Brother Utilities in Windows. Scans and prints every time, no issues with no fuss and no muss. Sorry, but the same can not be said in Linux and I've dealing with it for 20 years. It has come some ways, but not nearly where it should be at this point. BTW, that "modern" document scanner that is installed is using the same Sane api as X-sane does, its GUI is just cleaned up a bit but underneath the same Sane api.

You talk as though I have not used nor tried Evolution, I can assure you that I have. And because I have, I am still using Outlook. Once again, we clearly have a difference of opinion on what "modern" means and is. Evolution has many issues to it, that I don't suffer from in Outlook. So therefore I use Outlook. Let me know when that one maintainer for Evolution updates it, I am more than willing to try it again. I have no use for the Calendar integration with exchange as I don't use it, nor do I use notes, teams or anything else. I use Outlook strictly for email, that's it. All that other fluff and stuff that you find on any email client is completely wasted on me. Having it doesn't make it modern to me, it makes it a mess.

All of which can be done in Outlook as well.... I don't need nor use email templates either. Though I do use "Edit as new" quite often and it's easy peasy on Outlook as well. Outlook has had that since it was Outlook Express back in the mid 1990's, so for about 27 years now. I used it quite often back then as well. So I'm unsure as to where or why you think Outlook can not do any of those things, a simple google search will tell you it can and give you instructions as to how if needed.

I'm not sure what isn't simple about using what I'm using compared to the what's pre-installed. It's more steps to get exchange emails working in Evolution than it is in Outlook. How is that simplicity? And because I have it in a virtual box, I make a copy and move it to another machine, import, fire it up and everything is right there again. Nothing to retype, nothing to reinstall. I don't have to wait for Evolution to do whatever it is doing trying to sync my 6 exchange accounts... Which took hours btw.

Why do I have to use only that which is pre-installed? Am I not allowed to use what I want? I went through and took out anything that was a snap or flatpak. Was I not supposed to do that either? I'm not a purist or the type I will only use Linux because Windows is the Devil type person. I will use what I feel works best for me. And until something gets done to my liking and actually works, I will continue to use Outlook, Brother Utilities and Adobe Pro.

You also do understand I do use Zorin as my daily driver, Yes? No?