My first step to be un-googled \o/

I just used my second favorite.
But I miss @ghostminator username :joy:

6 Likes

Yeah it hurts.
But I have this username on 17 platforms, So people try stealing it on other platforms :slightly_frowning_face:

7 Likes

I'm curious ..... you guys say someone is stealing your user names .... do you mean that when you open a new account some where that your user name is taken or that some one steals your name from an already opened account ....

I have never had someone steal my user name from an account that I already had opened and was using but I have had people use my preferred user name on an account I was opening ..... ex: I use Frog on here (and only here) but if someone had already used that user name I could use Frog2 ... Frog3 etc .... but it wasn't really stolen just someone else used it before I could ....

1 Like

We're talking about taking names :wink:

3 Likes

@Frog Numbers ahead of user name are not at all authentic :frowning_face:

Having a personal and special user name is like owning a trademark without paperwork :joy:

7 Likes

Well in view of Apple's spying I would never use any Apple product.

Digressing, unlike protonmail I was able to use my name with no numbers with @e.email.

In terms of eOS recent update if I remove all the default search engines the browser doesn't work so I now use Qwant as my default browser on my phone:

In terms of protecting your names whether fake or real you need to buy a domain if you want to protect it. On PSN I was not allowed to use swarfendor437 as already in use so on there I'm swarfendor437010

2 Likes

Have you Tried Brave ???

7 Likes

Yeah the Developers do what they want but I think it provides us our entire privacy and control :question:

7 Likes

That article say's Firefox is better than Brave.
That's the only proof needed to show that the author is Drunk :joy:

7 Likes

I don't know about all the addicted ios users but brave is better in many ways on android and other PC operating Systems, not like I am using all the crypto services as it provides! But the fact that brave is giving false promises of privacy like edge is totally inaccurate.

7 Likes

There’s a reason why brave is generally advised against on privacy subreddits, and even brave wanted it to be removed from privacytools.io to hide negativity.

First sentence is already a lie. Brave team explicitly asked to be removed from the PTIO recommended browser list because a lot of users took it on themselves to contradict this decision directly with Brave developers, instead of the PTIO team. Not wanting to waste their time with endless debates they made the request to PTIO on this.

I won't comment anymore about this. This thread has gotten very much off topic.

1 Like

So True :frowning_face:

7 Likes

Check this out :-

6 Likes

I refuse to use DuckDuckGo due to its censored search engine. For now I am using mojeek on Desktop and Qwant on phone. And I no longer use Thunderbird as you cannot remove Google in the Search Engine element so I only use Evolution now. Suits my needs. Others might want to give Sylpheed/Claws Mail a try as an alternative lightweight mail client.

It's a Search Engine
Like google

6 Likes

I have no Idea, It's like all of the are the same.

7 Likes

Quant is not available in my country and mojeek is not available in my browser :frowning_face:

7 Likes

If you can't find it right away, it offers seven alternatives. I tend to use Brave, but in future I think I am going to move to Qwant. Such a shame the Cliqz browser died, the only European made browser when it launched.

Brave does not have mojeek
We need to add it

Add Mojeek To Brave.

7 Likes