Nautilus should be replaced with Nautilus-Typeahead

Here's something for you to read over the weekend.
Enjoy!

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2488/2488-h/2488-h.htm

1 Like

Reading an e-book is no exactly my thing but I will read it. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :open_book:

1 Like

I think what you've been mixing it up with is probably Moby(the forum won't let me use last name as its on a word filter). And I've seen the movie 20-thousand leagues under the sea, I've also seen a Moby(Again, stupid word filter which i hate so much on here) movie. And I also have seen Journey To The Center Of The Earth, with the guy from The Mummy, which was awesome.

You will appreciate it when you get my age.
You can expand the font size in ebooks but not on printed books
:eyeglasses:

1 Like

Thats if one can still read at that age. The older you get, the more your vision disapears. And if you had to already wear glasses back when you were a kid, well, there's no help for you when you really get old. lol OK ok, yes, there is the assessibility options like zoom magnifier, which I am already using at time, cause I can't see sheeeeet.

1 Like

I wonder why the zorin team decided to use nautilus instead of nemo.

I can only speculate that base Nautilus looks more like the Windows File Manager... ish?
Nemo could be customized to look a great deal like Windows, actually. It has a lot of settings.
Around this forum somewhere, I posted an image of my Nemo FM window customized to look as minimalist as Nautilus does.

Nemo comes closer to windows than nautilus.

2 Likes

The problem with Nemo is that it doesn't follow the Gnome style.

2 Likes

This is the opposite of a problem. the Gnome-style is terrible. Hiding your tools, your toolbars, the menus and everything from accessible view. It is ugly, outdated, minimalism. This is a computer and workstation NOT a mobile phone.

3 Likes

New users may like the (minimalist) style of Gnome. Nemo also doesn't look like it belongs in Gnome.

1 Like

See... that really is the Crux of the issue.

Refer up to where I said you can Mimic that minamlist look in Nemo. You have the option to.

The problem with Gnome is that it removes that option. It strips it out. Straight out of the code.
In so doing, if YOU like that minimal functionally useless look, fine... Except that those of us that don't get it forced upon us.

And that is the difference and that is the problem.

It is not about what it looks like. I am a themer. I can change the look all I want. It is how it works, how it Functions that is the issue. And Gnome removes that.

2 Likes

I think ZorinOS should stick with Nautilus, since this is GNU/Linuxthe user can just switch to whatever he/she wants.

edit: My spell checker keeps changing ZorinOS to Dominos. IDK why

1 Like

Currently... yes. But Gnome40 / GTK4 seeks to change that. Removing that same code, that same functionality from the Gnu ToolKit, itself.
Before long, no desktop will be able to offer the options... Be3cause Gnome stripped it from the toolkit, too.

NOW, do you see... Why I am So Upset by Gnome 40?By GTK4? What they actually truly did with it?
Why it is a deception?
Why I am frustrated by others unwillingness to see with eyes wide open?

Gnomes control and oppressive "style" is being forced on us ALL.

2 Likes

I truly believe QT is the way to go!

2 Likes

@Aravisian Thunar or Nemo or Dolphin?

1 Like

I use Nemo. It is a fork of Nautilus, with all functionality restored.
It comes with a lot of great features; included Nemo5 is Content Search.

Thunar is not too bad. I like it ok, but prefer Nemo. I can say the same for Caja File Manager.
I also like SpaceFM, a fork of PCmanFM.

2 Likes

Another vote for Nemo here - a great and easy file manager which can open files as root, as required.

1 Like

tbh Zorin is the only distro that makes Gnome bearable. Everything else about Gnome is absolutely horrible, it's a DE that limits you in every single way possible.

Nemo is nothing compared to Dolphin on KDE which is why I primarily am a KDE guy, I believe Zorin team should consider making a KDE edition as it's more performant and better for customization but for now, I'll stick with Zorin till I get bored and need some change :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are,by far... not the first person who has said this. To that end:

1 Like