New to Zorin OS and not impressed

Yes, had addressed that a month ago:

2 Likes

Ah oke, didnt read all the posts in the thread. :sweat_smile:

There are a lot...

While critical feedback is helpful feedback, this particular thread seems a bit repetitive, to me.

Speeds can vary by manufacturer and hardware support. My own experience has consistently been that Zorin OS is much faster than Windows across several machines.
Sometimes, we must remember that a statistic of one is still only a statistic of one.

3 Likes

Thanks for those answers.

Still, no one answered the question about Zorin OS16 lite!

In the meantime I installed Zorin OS16 on another three machines with a similar outcome: Zorin OS16 is all times slower than Windows 11 Pro! On all three machines, the HDDs are not SSD's and Memory is about 8 or 16GB while all three are having quad-core CPUs, both Intel and AMD!

That said, I installed it on a total of 6 machines, Laptop/Netbook/Desktop Zorin OS16 besides Windows 11 Pro. All installations were in the same way, using the same HDD with its own Partitions for each OS with a size of 150GB per OS. The reason for that is quite easy, I need to use for such testing the 'middle' of the same machines my customers use because I'm not in a position for telling my customers they have to change their hardware! Thailand is still a pure country, special in this Covid time! And, my customers are my income!

Old Hardware is what I've to service for to earn my living! No way around! I have to use what is available. I hope you guys understand what I like to tell. Thanks.

1 Like

The only conclusion I can reach based on your posts are:
Windows 11 Pro is very fast.

Have you compared Zorin OS 16 against Windows 10, 8 or 7?
Windows 11 Pro is very new and very exclusive as to what machines Microsoft will permit it to be installed on.

No one has answered as to when zorin OS 16 Lite will be released because no one knows. The ZorinGroup follows a policy of "Release When Ready".

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro certainly is in that position.

3 Likes

I absolutely can not relate, win11 has rendered my pc too slow, while I use windows 11. Win10 was lot faster and smoother for me. even the File explorer takes few second to open now

1 Like

beep beep... Я робот

moved thread from General help to Feedback area

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.