Screen flashing like old tv during install/formatting

Hi all,

So this is my first go at a linux OS. Everything was fine during initial installation, connection to wifi good, so I set the install to encrypt during formatting and now the screen is flashing off and on like a 1950's tv. It's been doing this for about 20 hours now. It's a 512 SSD - is it supposed to take this long/look like this? I'm willing to give it time because it's an old AMD processor with 4GB RAM (old laptop I'm playing with), but I wanted to get your input if I should unplug/try to kill whatever is happening now and start again.

Any ideas?

You can take a look at this guide for detailed installation steps,

Encrypting the Drive sounds very promising But, causes a lot of other OS problems and can only be removed by a OS Reinstall the Issue you are facing might be one of them or it may just be the graphic card malfunctioning :man_shrugging:
Have you installed the OS yet?

I believe so. Everything was going smoothly until I started to format the drive. I didn't have any issues getting the boot drive set up. I'll read the article you linked and see if I can trouble shoot. Thanks!

Update: From the link above, I made it to the final install screen to set up the user, but never saw the "Welcome to Ubuntu" page.

1 Like

Actually it is Welcome to Zorin in this case, I suppose you will need to format it again. If the installer said the system was installed, then there might not be a welcome page and system would have been installed.

This is the interface for Zorin Installation

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.