Share your desktop, what does it look like?

looks very nice but windows 8.1>>>>
looks better and more customizable
(for legal reasons this is a joke)

5 Likes

I am sorry. I don't understand.
Are you implying that Windows 8.1 is more customizable than Linux or Zorin OS specifically?
EDIT: Your edited post makes it clear. Thank You.

3 Likes

4 Likes

That is my kind of place Storm. Stand tall on one of those rocks. And you will hear song magically playing in the background. The song will go............ And can, you feel, the love, tonight. Were loving Storms wallpaper! With green hews of glimmer, and mega icons, it is the very best. :grin:

1 Like

Teaser for the 3 icon set Mystique. Will be released next Friday.

3 Likes

@storm
How long does it usually take to create a complete icon theme?

1 Like

As complete as possible? Months of hard work. Papirus icon theme out there is the most completed icon theme and it took them years of their spare time to get it done.

2 Likes

Oh...I was actually thinking of creating one. I even started making a few. Thank you for that information.
By the way did it take months to release your first icon theme?

1 Like

Nope. I based my icon theme on already existing icon themes and change them so they look completely different. If you want to start theming, start with someones elses work and change it.

2 Likes

Thanks...I will do that.

Emperor, I think you haven't seen how many files make up an icon set. I can tell you from experience, that were talking thousands of icons. And you even realize this too, because when extracting them from a zipped archive, takes bloody forever, even when reading and writing from an NVME drive!

So, if you want to make it easier on your life, I wouldn't recommend developing a complete icon set of your own, because it will pretty much take over your life to do so, Aravisian can attest to this I am sure, since he's made many icon sets.

I would dedicate your work to overall theming, if you want to go beyond wallpapers. Storm likes challenges, so I think thats probably why he does it lol. Anyways, as I've already said, the theme is looking good Storm.

2 Likes

I found a live wallpaper guide and decided to give it a go as I never setup my desktop to use one. I'm using Shade of Z Icons made by @Storm who was kind enough to add few more that I was missing :pray:

Probably need some more trial and error but I'm quite happy with the current setup. I couldn't decide on what wallpaper to use, I really like these two what do you think?

I'm currently not using Zorin as this is a new laptop that came with Ubuntu and the Budgie desktop, although I like xfce so I think I'll try Zorin Lite soon.

This amazes me that you bought a new notebook that came with Ubuntu on it. Usually computer stores only sell computers that have Windows on them, or you can get a MAC as well. Curious where you got that, did you buy from an online site?

I ask, cause I know Star Labs sells notebooks with Zorin OS on them. Star Labs is cool :sunglasses:

It's from Tuxedo Computers. I actually wanted to buy a laptop with Linux pre-installed just to try it out and support more manufacturers to do the same. StarLabs looks really nice as well but they were having delays so I decided to find another option and found this one.

2 Likes

The cabin looks nice and it fits the season. What DE are you using Budgie?

Yes, it's Budgie as it's a slightly modified fork of Ubuntu as it came out of the box.

Sadly there's no snow where I live so instead of picking one wallpaper to fit the season, I'm planning on choosing one at random on startup. I really like this whole live wallpaper thing!

1 Like

I realised that it is too much work. I created 6 icons and gave up...However, I have started a new hobby and I think I will continue that from March when I become free from the exams. The new hobby is 'Pixel Art' by the way.

3 Likes

I was checking out that website, I think its pretty cool. I found a computer that meets my approval as a full featured gaming and production machine.

You see that there, its so fast you can launch the space shuttle with it. That meets StarTreker's approval. :rocket: Only problem is, they didn't get the memo, the space shuttle hasn't been a thing since like 2012. They should replace it with a Falcon Heavy rocket or something.

Then you can say, see here, the RAW unleashed power of total domination in this notebook, can launch a Falcon Heavy rocket. There is no better computer to get your astronauts to Mars. HAHA :joy:

Seriously though, I really like that computer, it most certainly rivels mine, and thats saying something! Would you like to see mine, just incase you are curious as to what form of awesomeness I am rocking over here.

MSI GE76-231 Raider 10th gen notebook.

Screenfetch!

Have a truly stellar day! :star2:

1 Like

Blood Raven icon theme (a part of Mystique)

5 Likes

Well that is an absolute beast indeed, way more than what I'll probably ever need :smiley: I picked this one because I found it to be the perfect balance between power and portability. I even picked the lowest option available (i5 and Intel Iris Xe) which quite honestly is enough for me.

1 Like