Share your desktop, what does it look like?

This is mine

5 Likes

Love movies, now I do not have to work, more time for movies!

played around with kde to change things up

8 Likes

I hear that. It's the downside of having an operating system that for the vast majority of people works so darn good. People just go about doing what they do and kind of forget about the forum because they have no issues. Maybe that's just me, why I haven't been on much at all. And I sure the mod's, Aravisian, Storm, Harvey, FrenchPress enjoy a little down time. Many forget, they have lives too....

3 Likes

Thanks. Like the retro 'Americana'.. The good ole days...

Still here and breathing.

Some periods of the forum can be dull. Hopefully people visit once in awhile. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I dont post much, but I check the forum every day. Especially this thread as the wallpapers posted here are so great.

I'm personally not much into customizing icon sets and all. I gave the ones here from Storm a try cause they looked pretty good, but as I've just installed Zorin again I'm just getting some stuff done. If you are not careful this can be a endless rabbit hole!

I have to experiment with some conky setups, is the one thing that I miss on the empty desktop.

1 Like

Yea me too .... I know some folks say these days and times are the best but having lived in the 50's and now I tend to disagree ..... it was better back then .... today's world for me is to chaotic with silly stuff changing from day to day .... seems like everyone now a days wants to be known for something even if it is wrong ..... their little place in the sun so to speak .... I'm sure some people are going to disagree but that's OK everyone is entitled their own opinion .... :grin: :grin:

4 Likes

I'll be glad when my new mouse gets here this one is driving me crazy .... worked great for 2 years but now it is doing all kinds of crazy stuff like right clicking on stuff and nothing happens .... high lighting something and when you get to the end of the item it just disappears ..... come on Lazada .... send me my package .... :sob: :sob:

Don't get me started... :rofl:

1 Like

I do not believe that people are "entitled" to an opinion, much less have much respect for confusing an Opinion with Knowledge.

3 Likes

Well I'm here to tell you that the following example of an Opinion has no baring on Knowledge ..... because the following new Desktop Theme I am currently enjoying is definitely going to cause a lot of Opinions without causing a shred of Knowledge as to why this Opinion.... :roll_eyes: :rofl: :rofl:

This is an actual Cinnamon Theme called Cinnamox-Willow-Grove ..... which I paired with Storms Gems Emerald .....

4 Likes

I am on my primary language discord.
They have interesting channel with desktop.
Most from there I bet understand linux from diapers. Here is example.

The discord channel name "Linux a World"

9 Likes

Hello, I'm new user here. This is my desktop looks like. I know it's kinda basic :sweat_smile:. I got the background from Wonderwall(Out of topic, but I hope the Wonderwall devs could've put the author/artist for every picture that they offer).

12 Likes

It looks great! Is that a conky that you are using? Can you share a link to it, please? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Agreed, I like that conky.

2 Likes

I couldn't find the link for the conky, but I have the link of instruction when I installed the conky.

Please try to find between those links, and I hope it's useful :blush:

2 Likes

I did a net-search for "chemical formula conky" and found it:
https://www.deviantart.com/charley166/art/my-simple-and-naive-conky-265348713

I had not recognized the formula for what it is so in hindsight, I guess I will not be using it. :stuck_out_tongue:
I could modify it to a different formula...