Should I get Zorin OS Ultimate for my buisness?

Hello, Zorin Community, I'm wondering if I should get Zorin OS Ultimate for my Company. We have about 120 Desktops (will expand) and 40 raspberry-pi custom tablets. We would also like to know if we could remove the Games that come with it.

Thanks,
Derek

Hi Derek. I would check the System Requirements for your machines, particularly Raspberry Pi's, What processor do they have?
I believe you can do a minimum, i.e. bare bones, install of Ultimate or you can choose to remove unwanted games etc after install.
Maybe you should PM @AZorin to discuss your potentail business use considering such a large number of machines.

each system has 8 cores, and around 8 - 12GB of ram

here is the cpu that the raspberry pi's have: Broadcom BCM2711

Processor Broadcom BCM2711
Market Desktop
Family Broadcom BCM
Part number(s), S-Spec BCM2711
Release date Q2 2019
Lithography 28 nm
Cores 4
Threads 4
Frequency 1,5 GHz
Details 4x ARM Cortex-A72 @ 1,5 GHz
Cache memory 1 MB
Max memory capacity 8 GB
Memory types LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM
Max memory bandwidth 4,4 GB/s
Max PCIe lanes 4
TDP 4 W
GPU integrated graphics None
Socket SoC
PassMark CPU Mark 1.375
(Windows 64-bit)
Geekbench 4 single core 415
(Windows 64-bit)
Geekbench 4 multi-core 958
(Android)
Geekbench 5 single core 234
(Android)
Geekbench 5 multi-core 672
(SGEMM)
GFLOPS performance 13,5 GFLOPS
(Multi-core / watt performance)
Performance / watt ratio 240 pts / W

With 140 machines, I second the opinion that sending a PM Directly to @azorin or @zorink is a great way to go. This way, you can explore your options directly with the developers. I am sure they would be happy to help.

How do I send Him a PM?

In my post above, left click the names as highlighted with the @ sign. A popup window will appear. Upper Right of the window has a message button that you can click to send them a PM.

ARM chipset is not yet supported by Zorin (AFAIK). Making an Arm version - #9 by AZorin

1 Like

this is what I see

Seems by the end of the year it should be here, so no worries, the tablets can wait

Another thing to think about is the type of business you have and what tools are included with Ultimate and the support and updates. You can always add and remove as needed. It's Linux. So take what you need out and keep what you want.

What type of business do you have?

Is there not a blue box on the right of that showing "Message" with envelope icon?

1 Like

I am also baffled by the lack of Message button. But when I used the @ sign above on their names, it also alerts them directly to this thread and that comment.

I think it's because your account is new and you haven't unlocked that feature yet. I believe you have to hang out at the forums a little bit to unlock the ability to DM people. Alternatively, you can just email him.

1 Like

It is a consultancy

It has appeared now, probably I have sent enough content to the server.

1 Like

Oh ok. 120 desktops. Decent size consultancy business. If you have a business that large, the cost of Ultimate is minimal...a write-off. Yet it helps a great cause. So, whether you think you need Ultimate or not for your business is irrelevant as you can always add to the lite version. Think of it as whether you want a great OS, great support, and help contribute to the success of an entity that's helping provide and support the system your business survives on.

Just my 2cents.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to add users in bulk. EG: an organisation

@zabadabadoo @Aravisian

Hopefully, this guide will help:
https://linuxconfig.org/simple-way-for-unattended-bulk-user-creation-in-linux

and would it be possible to hide each user, and force the users to put in their username instead of choosing from a drop-down menu?

Try this.

https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2018/04/hide-user-list-ubuntu-18-04-login-screen/