So very TRYing . . . first steps in Zorin

When Installing an OS via USB, The flash drive is going to be formatted and have no data in it anyways so you might as well use it as an OS installer.

1 Like

It seems that this may be the only way to get to look at Zorin before commiting to it.

Ok
Lets say ( for argument sake ) There are 2 ways to install an OS. 1 From a dvd
2 From a usb stick

OK, getting this thru my thick head - formatted the 56GB stick. (as FAT32)

How about we let this slide until tomorrow? I have hungry hubby asking for dinner.

No problem chat tomorrow... will take this up in the private message's

Sounds grand Big THANKS and g'day!

There are only a few minor differences between Zorin 15 and 16. You can get an idea of what Zorin has to offer from the unofficial manual for 15 that I wrote.

There are programs you can install under Windows which read a .iso file and execute it as if it were a mounted hard drive. It's for burning your CDs to .iso files so you don't have to shuffle CDs all the time, you've got them all on your hard drive in .iso format... but I'm not sure that it would work for running Zorin OS under Windows.

If it did, all you'd have to do is save the Zorin OS .iso file somewhere on your Windows installation, bring up the .iso mounter program, execute the .iso file, and you could try Zorin... but again, I'm not sure it'd work. I've never tried it.

Went to link which turned out to be another link. Clicked on that (second) link and it started to look like a .pdf but ended up containing nothing. Would have downloaded but probably and 'empty' file at that?

Would be grand to read though.

The link from that post still works for me. Here it is directly (I had 14 different people downloading last night!)

It is still there:

You need to give it time to load as over 67 Mb in size and 184 pages long. Had 14 downloads of it by other people last night.

1 Like

I wondered if the downloading was just slow. Will try again thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.