The Shameless Plug Thread -Post your work

Well with that to do list I'm sure it will keep you off the streets for at least a couple of days ..... :grin:

2 Likes

Ooo, you did something special with this one I like it but its not present in all the menus I guess -- firefox for example does not show this.

Ummm... are you on 1.1-3?

sorry 1.1-3 meaning??

The version number.
The menu shown in your screenshots is actually the JamesHardy88 Version which I used as a Stand-in until I completed the theme and testing.
I had uploaded 1.1-1 as that testing... Prior to releasing the Official 1.1-3;)

Please run

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

Ps, the index theme file is still mentioning "Prowler".

That... it looks really good. I bow to the master. (pitty its not available on firefox, which I /someone would use the most. But we can't have it all)

Oh wait...
*fixed...

This is due to Firefox, more than the theme...

Is this Gnome? because yours covers the entire topbar.
On Gnome, in Settings the bar looks alright but on firefox its cut off

Yes.
My themes are intended for Cinnamon and XFCE. I do not theme them on Gnome, so may not be aware of some things...
It lacks gnome-shell theme.
You must have high resolution...
(I fixed that which will be in the next update)

No sweat, its not like I'm gonna use them. About that high resolution... guess you're right. I really like that little blue looking glass (search icon) in the topbars. Just wanna pick up take it out... it looks so real.

In about 20 mins, please update - upgrade and your header should look more normal...ish...

1 Like

Works fine now. On Gnome I have full bars. Thanks again, great work.

Must say I like em both. Antares (because of the blue outlines, makes a real visual difference) and gt3ex with that blue highlighted color in the menu's.

ZorinLayoutsRevised

A script which simplifies the process of applying some Tweaks to the Zorin OS Desktop.

this script currently handles:

• Automatically applying different Tweaks to the desktop through Gnome-Shell extensions, such as Pop-Shell or NoAnnoyance

This script does NOT:

• Allow you to use or install Zorin's pro layouts on the Core variants (Please see Takedown.md for more information)
  • Allow you to customize the lite editions (that will probably come at a later time)

Usage:

Simply paste this into your Terminal and hit enter:

bash -c "$(wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TGRush/ZorinLayoutsRevised/main/morelayoutsinstall.sh -O -)"

After the Zorin developers kindly asked for me to remove the Pro layouts from my original script, I've removed those components and am now re-posting the script here
2 Likes

The latest disaster for those that enjoy skeumorphism and insanity:

I was examining the interior of a vehicle, with the silver trim and leather tones, the backlit indicators... And I was thinking, it is too bad that we cannot theme our computers to look like our vehicle dashboards.
Clearly, we like the look... With elegant angles and complimentary tones, many vehicles look quite elegant. The reason why we cannot: Car dashboards are generally pretty static. Computer window widgets resize all over the place.
But, I decided to take a stab at this anyway. Here is the result.
Not a lot of angles to this, since - it doesn't work well. I actually struggled to name this enough that I asked several people for suggestions. In the end, I am uploading this under its working title of simply "Dashboard."

To Install (Bionic or Focal Repo) Cinnamon, XFCE (MATE D.E. Coming Soon):

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:aravisian/gtk-theming

sudo apt update && sudo apt install dashboard

OR... If you are on a rolling or non LTS release, use the .deb self installer: launchpad.net/~aravisian/+arch…

2 Likes

Downloaded will try it out shortly ....

Tried it. You can see the beauty of your themes when using Gimp, most of the changes/adjustments are visible. I'm a great fan of antares and gt3ex. Strange is that now I'm once again starting to admire your Mercury theme.

Dashboard is ok, but in my opinion the others are nicer. Still dashboard is a good one, once again congratulations.

But I do have a question. When looking at the menu in Gimp is that menu bar suppose to be that long? it kinda overlaps the menu border.

There is Great Difficulty in getting the Menuitems to line up. You get them to line up in one app and they misalign in another...
I am currently using GIMP 2.99 which uses GTK3... So it's harder for me to see the GTK2 elements these days...

The troublesome part, was creating a Metacity for Cinnamon that would keep a resizing background behind the title only. That was a bit of a hair puller.

Yep, we had this discussion before about theming and testing. It would be a hard job to satisfy the themes on all DE and testing would be really difficult, especially on your own.

Coming Soon:

Proxima

I have not done much with any theming in quite a while and decided to take a break from stress and make a new theme.

Part of the inspiration on this is...

I have been making my latest themes toned down... Part of this is because it is easier.
But part of it is due to the whole "modern Look."
But that ain't my style. Which... is the point. To follow your style.
Having a Desktop theme is partly a way of expressing yourself.
But it too, is about having fun. Enjoying the experience of using your desktop.
It's pretty straight forward.
When you must look at the thing a lot, you want to enjoy it.
Currently, most themers are following the trend and sticking with Trending themes. So, I do not need to fill that niche. And for many, they can get what they enjoy.

I aim to misbehave. And help others find what they enjoy, with a Modern Crisp look.

Especially since concepts of a "modern look" tend to be a fallacy. People individually like what they like. Regardless of Trends. And often, good looks are timeless.

So here, Over The Top, lots of eye-candy, no holds barred, My Way... Deep inset 3-Dimensional buttons, alien writing on Menus, Active and insensitive modes...
(Credit to Nucleo / APB for the design of the Alien Mind2 Title)

3 Likes