The Shameless Plug Thread -Post your work

Interesting I had to open an account in order to download your theme .... but I have it now and will check it out later ..... thank you

You could have just used apt.

sudo apt update && sudo apt install antares

2 Likes

I didn't know that ..... :sob: .... oh well it's done now :+1: and I have another command to add to my list so all is not lost .... :clap:

1 Like

Because I now have to have Windows 11 installed as dual boot, I booted up Windows 11 and went crazy with the desktop.

3 Likes

Antares theme- nice one, you really made a great one this time.
That contrast of blue fonts and black, also like the blue outlining, looks good in gimp and inkscape. :clap: :clap:

It took me long enough...

Interesting ..... I put the extracted folder into the .theme folder and opened it up in systems settings/themes but the only one it displayed in is the Window Boarders .... using Cinnamon DE

That one is an Alternate Window Border. Please rename that theme folder in ~/.themes to Antares1
Then, in terminal, install the full theme:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt install antares

Then reopen the settings manager in Cinnamon and it all should show up.

If it cannot locate the package:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:aravisian/gtk-theming

Then install the theme...

1 Like

Ran into some errors in the terminal ....so I tried both ways after I changed the name to Antares1 in the .themes folder

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt install antares

Reading package lists... Done
N: Ignoring file 'softmaker.listapt' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
E: The repository 'Index of /mark-pcnetspec/conky-manager-pm9/ubuntu focal Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
mike@mike-ROG-Strix-G731GT-G731GT:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:aravisian/gtk-theming

Err:22 Index of /mark-pcnetspec/conky-manager-pm9/ubuntu focal Release
404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.95.85 80]
Reading package lists... Done
N: Ignoring file 'softmaker.listapt' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
E: The repository 'Index of /mark-pcnetspec/conky-manager-pm9/ubuntu focal Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
mike@mike-ROG-Strix-G731GT-G731GT:~$

sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:mark-pcnetspec/conky-manager-pm9

sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/softmaker.listapt

sudo apt update && sudo apt install --reinstall antares

Thank you sir that did the trick ...... will post the results in "Show Your Desktop" ...... I used Storms "Gems-Sapphire" as the icon set for your "antares theme" .....

1 Like

I am currently in the process of making a new Icon set, as well that may compliment Antares. Or something.

1 Like

Bring it on the more icon themes I have the better I like it ... between you two I'm gonna have to buy another TB external HD .... to keep all my theme materials in ..... going to start culling some of the stuff I downloaded from Pling ....

OK off I go to enjoy my Pirating Adventures in the Caribbean .... see you good folks tomorrow .... :ghost:

1 Like

Antares Icons have passed my testing so far and I have uploaded them to the repository.
https://www.deviantart.com/aravisian/art/Antares-icons-preview-907617538

They can be installed with:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:aravisian/iconsets

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt install antares-icons

1 Like

The Zorin Developers have kindly asked me to take down any references to my script on their Forums, thus, this post has been removed.

1 Like

This thread was never intended to be exclusive. I had high hopes that many others would follow suit.

A post was split to a new topic: Discussion: Pro Layouts

GT3EX for XFCE, Cinnamon Desktops now uploaded. (Mate D.E. coming soon...)
To install:

sudo apt update && sudo apt install gt3ex

OR... with .deb self-installer:
launchpad.net/~aravisian/+arch…

2 Likes

Ahhhhhh looks like another dark grey theme ..... love'um .... downloaded and will try out later today .... thank you for all your hard work .....

The list of what I have yet to do or complete
astro dimension - Light theme
Aeolus
Advent-fusion
Archangel12
Dark-Acadia
Daylight
UNNAMED YET
Macchiato
Zenith-light themes...

1 Like