TouchScreen rotation reversed x-y

Given my experience over the weekend, I'd expect

is your touchscreen.

2 Likes

You'll have to bare with me here, I'm not that confident at this level. I'm trying to work out what you did from your post but I'm struggling to work out exactly what you did.

Did you use the calibration tool to change your settings?

@Ocka Just to be clear the screen doesn't auto rotate so I don't think that's the issue. I manually set the screen to rotate 90 left as it startsup in portrait mode.

Sorry for the delay @Moocher
So to make this clear.

• when you rotate from profile to landscape the keypad is 90deg out of wack?
    (if you could physically turn the "Arrows" on the keypad 90deg it would be then synchronized?)

Another question:
When you use the touch screen keyboard in "Landscape" Does this work correctly? (without docking it to the physical keyboard)

So in other words does the issue only happen when docked to the keyboard?

@Ocka I don't rotate the keyboard at all, I just run it in landscape mode docked, I have rotated the screen 90 left on initial setup and it persists because initially it was in portrait mode. The issue is still there when it's undocked.
@bruceax seems to have solved it but I'm struggling to follow his instructions.

When I run the touchscreen calibration tool I get the results...

Calibrating standard Xorg driver "SIS0457:00 0457:1133"
current calibration values: min_x=0, max_x=65535 and min_y=0, max_y=65535
If these values are estimated wrong, either supply it manually with the --precalib option, or run the 'get_precalib.sh' script to automatically get it (through HAL).
--> Making the calibration permanent <--
copy the snippet below into '/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf' (/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/ in some distro's)
Section "InputClass"
Identifier "calibration"
MatchProduct "SIS0457:00 0457:1133"
Option "MinX" "20582"
Option "MaxX" "20377"
Option "MinY" "52565"
Option "MaxY" "51800"
Option "SwapXY" "1" # unless it was already set to 1
Option "InvertX" "0" # unless it was already set
Option "InvertY" "0" # unless it was already set
EndSection

but I'm struggling to find /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf or know where to copy the data to.

Have you tried removing the 90deg that you have set to run at initial startup?
Does this change the result?

To locate the config file
1st run

cd /etc/X11

The run

ls

Please post a screenshot of the results.

/etc/X11$ ls
app-defaults fonts xkb Xresources Xsession.options
cursors rgb.txt Xreset Xsession xsm
default-display-manager xinit Xreset.d Xsession.d XvMCConfig

Screenshot_2023-08-28_19-38-40

Ok, so it would appear that the folder is in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/

but I don't see a file called "99-calibration.conf" the only files in there are

Screenshot_2023-08-28_19-46-54

I found in this post to maybe edit the 10-evdev.conf Would you suggest that?

1 Like

Update on this, I edited the 10-evdev.conf with the results of the calibration while in sudo. Restarted the system but it doesn't appear to have made a difference.

So, as a bit of a gamble, I used thunar to create a file in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/ named "99-calibration.conf" and added the calibration to that. No change.
My knowledge begins and ends there :joy:

Gday @Moocher,
You have done a great job, (this shows you'll be a good linux user ...Not saying this is the norm, but to TRY is a good asset )

First please run a BIOS update, (BIOS>Advanced>EZ update or EZ utility.

As we see the config file is missing.
To make this easier, i would suggest reinstalling Zorin OS. After a bit of research, some say Zorin OS core seems to setup touchscreen a little better.
If you wish to use Zorin OS Lite, then please do so.

My Main point is i recommend you reinstall. Please use a good usb stick & please use Rufus to create the bootable usb stick. If possible a usb-3 stick.

Note: some old usb sticks can be damaged/faulty ( this only needs to be a few Bad sectors, Not having a config file tells me something went wrong on installation.

Remember to check the downloaded file.
Maybe even refresh your modem.

The trouble with the link you gave above it that they suggest checking the SHA256 of the downloaded .iso after it is found to be corrupted.
I always recommend checking the SHA256 of a downloaded .iso straight after downloading it and before use. This link jumps to the second item i.e. verify the SHA256. Check the Integrity of Your Copy of Zorin OS - Zorin Help

Thanks Zaba, but both links direct the user's to the same page??

Yes, but mine goes direct to the second (SHA256) item on that page.
(which in my opinion should be the first item on the page)

or refer to: Before you install
Methods of downloading Zorin OS - #8 by zabadabadoo

Feel free to approach Staff about your concern, As Mod's are unable to modify those instructions
I like the entire page as it further explains about the MD5 check. So it kills 2 birds with one stone .

1 Like

BlockquoteGday @Moocher,
You have done a great job, (this shows you'll be a good linux user ...Not saying this is the norm, but to TRY is a good asset )

First please run a BIOS update, (BIOS>Advanced>EZ update or EZ utility.

As we see the config file is missing.
To make this easier, i would suggest reinstalling Zorin OS. After a bit of research, some say Zorin OS core seems to setup touchscreen a little better.
If you wish to use Zorin OS Lite, then please do so.

My Main point is i recommend you reinstall. Please use a good usb stick & please use Rufus to create the bootable usb stick. If possible a usb-3 stick.

Note: some old usb sticks can be damaged/faulty ( this only needs to be a few Bad sectors, Not having a config file tells me something went wrong on installation.

Remember to check the downloaded file.
Maybe even refresh your modem.

Thanks for that, I may give a re-install a shot when I have time, I think I did have a decent stick when I installed this time and I let the verification process run through on installation but I'll check the integrity of the disc. I guess the biggest difference on install being the bios is the latest.

I hear that gnome maybe more friendly towards touchscreen but I'm using lite due to the hardware being of a certain vintage, hoping I can claw a few more years out of it, so far so good, might try core as a livecd but I'm guessing I would have to pay for that?

Stil investigating @bruceax solution who has a T100TA as opposed to my T100HA, he seems to have solved it and I think the hardware may not be too different.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.