USB writing applications (Etcher casualties UNITE!)

This article is 6 years old but it is still relevant:
https://www.happybison.com/reviews/how-to-check-and-spot-fake-micro-sd-card-8/

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, my new friend Kevin just named the software I couldn't remember. OK Kevin, you have a new role, you are the part of my brain that actually remembers stuff. Just makes everything easier. Sound good? Thanks buddy lol

:joy:

3 Likes

:joy_cat:

3 Likes

A lot of them truly looks "magnificent". LOL

3 Likes

There are people called masters of counterfeit.

When we were visiting Taipei some years ago, the local advised us not to buy so called antiques in souvenir shops.

He told us that there were already counterfeit antiques made in the Quin dynasty to imitate antiques from the Tang dynasty.

Of course, the counterfeit antiques themselves are now museum pieces :crazy_face:

2 Likes

While we are talking about iso's. Is there a tool to mount them ?

1 Like
2 Likes

I have a old pc game in iso format (i own the original disk but it's badly damaged), i want to mount and install it. In windows you can just mount the iso and install the game, or used a mount tool like deamon tools/alchohol 120%

Starship Troopers: Terran Ascendancy from the year 2000, from what i read this game is also for free (abandonware)

1 Like

The problem with this game is that it has lots of bugs.

(hides)

2 Likes

The game has no bugs for me, last year i played it on windows 10. I finished this game like 10 times in my life. I love games like this, always have the soldiers at maxed in rank haha

Well, of course it won't have bugs by the time you finish it. That is the point.

2 Likes

Back to the question: Does linux have something to mount the iso ? or a tool ?

Right click the .iso in the file manager and from the arrow right Menu- choose open with Disk Image Mounter

1 Like

“- Zander Barcalow: My God. How could this happen?

• Lt. Carmen Ibanez: We thought we were smarter than the Bugs.”

"M.I. Does The Dying. Fleet Just Does The Flying. - Johnny Rico"

3 Likes

Has anyone ever tried "MultiSystem" ??
It let's you install multiple iso's and I even have the possibility to install Window iso's. I using it since Zorin 15.3 and works good for me without any further problems.

2 Likes

I have and it is pretty good, too.

1 Like

By the way another way to test or mount the iso is Virtualbox of course.

1 Like

I have tried Multi-Boot but that didn't work for me. Its an APP that allows you to burn multiple ISO's onto one USB stick, and I guess it uses its own like GRUB boot loader menu for you to choose which OS you want to use.

The reason I said, "I guess," is because it never worked for me, never could get it to boot into its menu or any OS for that matter. All the stupid thing did, was let my OS that was on my hard drive boot normally.

I gave up on multi ISO's burned onto one USB stick after that. I put all those writes to my flash drive, wearing it out further, for nothing! It really made me angry.

1 Like

It's "MULTISYSTEM" -- not the same as Multi-Boot. But you're right because Multisystem also installs its own grub menu, but is thats because of the multiple iso's you can choose from.

1 Like

I am yet another etcher casualty:

Thank you etcher for haunting my dreams now

3 Likes