Zorin Forum page flicker when Reply Box open

Unfortunately, this is my company phone. I’d never spend my own pennies on anything Apple.

2 Likes

add palemoon and slimjet to the list... currently on my Garuda OS (different laptop) using firedragon no issues.

1 Like

I thought maybe the devs fixed the forum flickering during Forum Maintenance yesterday, as I had not seen it when doing replies earlier. But I do see it again whilst replying to this thread. Sad it seems it is not fixed.

2 Likes

You would think @AZorin or someone would have seen the thread and address the issue for users… but I continue to have it as well. I have switched to another OS in order to utilize the internet as well as this forum. Which seems odd to do

2 Likes

I wonder why they don't even reply to things like this. It's a forum issue and that issue came after the last update from 2-2,5 weeks ago.

@AZorin ?
@zorink ?

2 Likes

As we couldn't reliably reproduce this flickering issue, we needed to spend quite some time debugging it through trial and error.

The issue should now hopefully be fixed after deleting your browser's cache for forum.zorin.com, or reloading the page by pressing Ctrl+Shift+R.

If you're still experiencing this flickering, please let me know what browser, screen resolution, and OS you're using, as well as what steps you took immediately before the flickering started. This would help us to debug the issue and find a fix for it faster.

2 Likes

I have tested for flicker on Win10 Firefox & Opera, ZorinOS 15.3 Core Firefox.
I am no longer able to reproduce thread text flicker when Reply box is open.
I think you have fixed it.
Hopefully other forum members can now also confirm this.
@Bubby @Michel @Elegant_Emperor

1 Like

Yep, I've tried to reproduce it. Its gone, solved.

Perhaps you should pin the solution which AZorin suggests to the tutorial topics (for a while) so everyone who encounters this problem can see the solution in one go, instead of scrolling through these posts and perhaps missing it.

Yes I have also tried to reproduce the issue but it seems to jave disappeared. The only thing that has changed os that the posts have shofted to the left and I have mixed feelings about that.

Most (if not all) users should automatically notice that the flicker is gone without needing to clear the browser cache or reload the page, so no action is required. Pinning the solution shouldn't be necessary

5 Likes

I was waiting for others to confirm. Then thinking to move the thread to General Help section and marking your post as Solution. That will give closure.

No issues here @zabadabadoo .

1 Like

Have checked Vivaldi , Slimjet, Palemoon, and Firefox while on Zorin OS and logged into forum. Seems to be okay at this time. Hopefully it will stay functional as it is not always 100% of the time. Was nice to receive a response from Team Zorin

2 Likes

I have now moved it and marked the Solution.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Forum chatbox problem on android

okk I will aslo share this post

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.