Zorin Os 17 release

Tentatively planning to launch Zorin OS 17 in late 2023 . We release major new versions of Zorin OS roughly every 2 years and are tentatively planning to launch Zorin OS 17 in late 2023. "copied from google search"

3 Likes

probably in december, cause beta is not even out yet...

1 Like

If the next version need a time then a better to wait.
The Zorin 16 have support to 2025.
Nothing to rush if the devs need a more time to put more drivers hardware to new version Zorin. It gived the people on forum more space to solve the problems.
Politics always sayed we gived you better future.
Zorin always was good - then if they need a more time for me is no problem.

2 Likes

Actually its easy to see their progress on Zorin OS 17 Packages in “Zorin OS Stable” : Zorin OS Stable : “Zorin OS” team

Waiting for 6 o'clock | TexAgs

:joy: :joy: :joy: I couldn't resist..

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hopefully by the end of this mounth we will get Beta...fingers crossed... :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I have to disagree about the statement that MX-Linux is for programmers. It isn't.
My good ladies machine is an aged single Athlon 64 processor with 2 Gb RAM (maxed out), and an EVGA 256 Mb nVidia AGP graphics. MX-Linux (xfce) was installed on this 2006 rig with 2019 version and the guidance on updating to 2022 went without a glitch. They always advise installing a fresh version of the OS but, like I said, the guide that one of the devs produced was excellent and easy to follow.

3 Likes

I remember a cartoon version of the skeleton with the caption underneath "Waiting for IT to respond to my helpdesk call!"

1 Like

I've thought of a script for that skeleton at the computer between Manager and head of HR (Human Resources, in my day Personnel Manager). Manager to head of HR. "That Occupational Health screening you undertook was not of much use! He/She/They were dead on arrival at first day of work!" (Inverse of the occasional Dell machines I had to build as an IT Contractor).

Mx Linux could be ok but definitely it is hype on first place.
I tried Mx Linux and everytime it gived to me some problems with packages or problems with software.
I don't like the pressure of using tools in Mx Linux.
I wanted to format a pendrive or an external SSD drive and I always encountered problems using a terminal or other program.
The user is limited by the operating system and cannot make his own decisions.
In my opinion, it is not suitable for gaming or for a desktop for a beginner user. Zorin is easier and more friendly. Mx Linux don't taste for my suit and preferences.
Hard to use because it have mixing packages from debian and NixOS.

If it really has Gnome 44 that's some very good news! Even Debian 12 comes with version 43. The wait is definitely worth it then!

That is good choice. They put stable software and hardware what working on many years.
Without some beta test ideas what never come up on next version linux. That is good choice.
The same doing propably debian and mint.

Hi Bourne, Have to correct you. MX-Linux does not have anything NixOS but AntiX. Both currently using Debian 12 stable. The M comes from its predecessor Mepis which was great for Notebooks. X comes from AntiX.
I certainly wouldn't look at it for gaming but works very well for SoftMaker Office and browsing which is what a lot of users want. The other nice element is you can set the panel and wallpaper in Live Mode and keep those settings for installation. When it comes to partitioning you can always install GParted, you don't have to accept what is present. And in respect of the KDE Plasma version you can install Synaptic Package Manager. You can't install or use Synaptic in KDE Neon. Lastly your machine is more secure as it does not use systemd in the boot process. I have posted elsewhere the coordinator for our Linux User Group informed me that systemd is like giving your computer a barcode that anyone can read.
I do agree with you about NixOS as this is basically those who can build a system from a script. This video clearly explains that:

1 Like

It would be cool to have Zorin os beta 17 out on 17 november, and stable release on 17 december :drooling_face:

I just appreciate how stable ZorinOS is and easy to use. I have it baked into my personal workflows and it integrates with my home network, printers, etc. Based on what we have seen on their work for ZorinOS 17 -- I am excited and willing to wait for a similarly stable and reliable OS.

3 Likes

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS is using GNOME 42 and that is what Zorin OS 17 will use since that is the base for the 17 release. Zorin OS continues to rock. :grinning: :v:

Are all of those for 17? A good number of them referenced 16.1 and 16

1 Like

These bugs are not related to Zorin os 17, thats some old stuff mostly from 2019

A lot of bugs will disappear when Gnome 43 and KDE Plasma 6 are released and adopted as X11 (X.org) will disappear for good, even on xfce, will have Wayland. The downside to this is that Accessibility will be hit.