Share your desktop, what does it look like?

I know a guy who does...
He may even take requests on a custom theme, if you have something in mind.

Dated... funny word. Blue Jeans were invented and popularized in the 1800's.
The graphical user interface regularly used since the 1960's.

4 Likes

Here you will find some;

2 Likes

I installed kubuntu (dual-boot) on my old computer and left it untouched for a week. Today, I felt bad for it and tried to do something new....Welcome, me to the dark side!

10 Likes

That wallpaper looks like a drunk chimpanzee went wild with the brush, then sneezed while drinking the paint straight out of the can.

6 Likes

And here I thought you didn't like it dark...

4 Likes

I never liked dark theme, but I gave it a try. Now, I like how it ended up.

Wow! I will never be able to find a better description.

3 Likes

Yup .... the silver tongued devil certainly has a way with words ... :+1: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

New theme .... empire-theme by Aravisian .... and of course new theme new background ... anyone care to guess what it is ???? ... LOL

6 Likes

Fallout 4. Dog's name is Dog Meat. There is a Red Rocket :rocket: on the right. Welcome to the waste land, 200 years after you were thawed. That means your ahhh, 200 years late for dinner :plate_with_cutlery:. So what are we having, Rat Roach stew, or Mole Rat sandwich, with a sweet role for desert?

4 Likes

:+1: :rofl: :rofl: .... yup you win the blue ribbon ..... love that game .... one day I'll play it again on Zorin .... but it will be a while yet .... other things to do first ....

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Now that looks beautiful :heart_eyes: How did you do that?

4 Likes

Actually, that is the power of kde plasma. Your profile says that you don't use Zorin OS. Even if you did, I wouldn't have been able to tell you how to make Gnome or XFCE look like that. However, if you use a kde distro or if you wish to install kde on your existing distro; here is what I did.
Centred the panel using spacers.
Used Orchis GTK Theme.
Used Kvantum Manger+Orchis theme to get the blur effect.
And Tela Icons.
Wallpaper:
pink and black wallpaper photo – Free Texture Image on Unsplash
Cursor is not visible in the screenshots but I used vimix light cursors.

2 Likes

I wanted to try KDE Plasma on my computer, but it's screen went out and the HDMI port through which I used to connect it to the TV also stopped working :slightly_frowning_face: Now I am having a piece of computer junk sitting in my shelf, which was once my daily driver :pensive:

Coming back to the topic, I love KDE Plasma, the only thing which bothered me was the theming. I was unsure if I can theme it according to my taste. But after seeing your post, that issue doesn't bother me :smiley: Once my computer gets repaired, I am gonna try Kubuntu ASAP :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Ooh there we go with XFCE :grinning:

1 Like

Zorin OS PRO 16 LITE

(1) Predator theme

(2) Prowler icons

(3) Zorin menu replaced with Whisker menu

(4) Circuit board background

5 Likes

Thought I do a quick boot form my SSD and tour the ZorinOS16 Lite/XFCE iso. Did some quick settings and downloads, this is the result after 15 min. Posting this from the while using the iso. Added the Azenis theme and icons.

3 Likes

StarTrecker where did you get the Whisker menu from ???? .... I'm using Cinnamon on Zorin 16 Pro ....

1 Like

Whiskermenu currently is a menu for XFCE desktop. It cannot be added on Cinnamon Panel.

On Cinnamon, Cinnamenu or Stark menu are very good alternatives.

2 Likes

I don't know anything about Cinnamon, I assumed it was XFCE, since he was asking about the Whisker Menu. If Cinnamon is actually Gnome based, then ya, suppose it aint gonna work.

2 Likes