Zorin showing colour bars on screen after login

Its a fresh install and I cleaned the whole drive.

AMD graphics are usually supported by linux kernel.
Do you happen to know which kernel you had with Arch linux?

I do not sadly.

Can you provide an example of the error you are experiencing?

I am not going to be much help but this thread is similar; Black screen

Maybe @Aravisian will come along here and be able to help you with this as he is very conversant with Lite (xfce). But all are busy with issues with recently released Z17, so may need some patience. Zab

That is the experience even I thought it was a graphical error and did not install third party software.

and that is after login.

What does your screen look like before you login?

EDIT: Also have a look at this thread:

1 Like

It’s normal. Nothing unusual.

Please post a screenshot (we can't see what you see).

If it is a grub screen with "Advanced Options for Zorin" listed. Use that, and try a different generic kernel, if listed.

Sorry on my behalf.

Here is the login.

Hmmm. That looks much more different than any Zorin login screen I've seen.

Thank you so much, swapping to an older kernel worked I wish I could send a picture of how happy I am.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who helped me.

Please remember to mark @zabadabadoo's suggestion as solution in case someone else has the same issue you did.

Let us know if you find out what what driver/kernel issue is? Glad you got your desktop back, but the root problem was only bypassed by switching kernels and I fear you will have to do this upon every boot.

I would really love to know.

You can keep an older or particular kernel to boot with, by following instructions in this thread. [HOW TO] set an older kernel to default boot

Suspect newer kernel dropped support for some of the older models...

Thus, older kernel brings back appropriate driver modules and restores @The display.

That could be it. After all the graphics and performance are not good at all but with Zorin lite it works pretty well.

1 Like

Zorin 17 Lite is on its way to being released.

Awesome, will upgrade when available.