A list for reference one at a time...
Response direct from ZorinGroup on this Issue;
Hi Aravisian, thanks for letting us know about this issue.
We've also received reports of the same EFI issue in our email inboxes, which seems to mainly affect Dell computers. We've been investigating it for the past while and have just found that it's probably an issue with the upstream shim package, which you can learn more about here:
The Ubuntu developers have supplied a fix for it a couple of hours ago and we're currently testing it to make sure it doesn't have any regressions. When that's ready, we'll create new .iso files for Zorin OS 16 Core and Pro which should solve the problem once and for all.
In the meantime, the easiest workaround to install Zorin OS 16 on affected computers is the following:
- Plug in the Zorin OS Installation USB Drive
- Go the computer's BIOS settings screen
- Navigate to the "Boot" or "Security" section and disable the "Secure Boot" option
- Navigate to General > Boot Sequence > Add Boot Option
- Select the "Boot Option Name" and insert "Zorin"
- Click on "..." in "File Name", select the Zorin OS Installation USB Drive and EFI / Boot / grubx64.efi
- Click OK to add the new boot option
- With the arrow up/down you can set this boot option as the first one
- Press the indicated key to save the BIOS settings and restart
- Boot the Zorin OS Installation USB Drive and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation normally
- After installing Zorin OS, you can choose to re-enable Secure Boot from the BIOS settings screen if you wish
If the system can't identify the USB Drive at step 6, you can unplug & re-plug the USB drive to see if it changes inside the "File Name" > "..." menu.
IF you encounter any troubles, Please Respond in Your Individual Thread for more help so we can best track who needs what. And an especial thank you to all of you for your patience.
EDIT: As per member Rory, here:
Rory noticed that in this, BalenaEtcher is the way to go.
The repaired .iso's are currently in the Final Stages of patching and uploading to all servers for Zorin OS 16 Core.
Zorin OS Pro should work properly. Please start a thread if you have any trouble.
Please check in after about 24 hours as of 6pm GMT to download the New .iso's for Zorin OS.
The sha256sum for the new Core iso is:
The sha256sum for the fixed Pro iso is:
About one more day folks and outta the woods.
Changed from General to Tutorial. Goes without saying, to feel free to change back if I have made a mistake.
I probably should have made a text file on my own machine for this; but the short of it was that I needed a fast and easy-access reference at that time. There were a lot of issues with USB Installation of Zorin OS 16's official release.
It turned out that it was due to an Ubuntu Ubiquity bug that the ZorinGroup swiftly caught and corrected with the R1 Revision of Zorin OS 16.
So, it should be noted for all that any information in this thread is purely in-house and defunct at this time.